Recent blog entries:

Cuts on Colfax

KICKIN' DIRT

Chorus:
well i'm kickin dirt in the hot sun, wonderin what to do
I been stompin and snortin since the day that I lost you
ohhh I been spittin and cursin like I lost all my charm
I'm kickin dirt in the hot sun and stormin round this farm

I been wanderin' around the pasture ain't got no place to go
I been thinkin' bout you baby thoughts that only I can know
you are out with someone else I guess you got a new man
so I'm kickin dirt in the hot sun for as long as I can stand

Chorus

the chicken's quit their layin' and the pigs won't touch the slop
billy goat keeps a ramin' his head up against the shop
when you used to come around oh how that cock would crow
now I can't help but think of you when i pick up that hoe

Chorus

you coulda had a husband who loved only you
but instead you fell for some guitar picker, who was only passin through
you messed up all your chances of havin a good life
and I won't let no two time hussy ever be my wife.

Chorus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WANDERING (King of Colfax)

They call me the King of Colfax, cause I’m always around,
I've played every bar in this old town
Been 86’d from the Lions Lair, and I’ve rocked Civic Park.
I’m shootin for Red Rocks but I ain’t yet hit the mark.

CHORUS
so I keep wandering (wandering) I'm wandering (wandering) I'm wandering (wandering) along
and I'm livin' it(livin' it) and I'm givin' it (givin' it), gettin by on the words of a song

of all the things that I've become I never thought I'd be, a nameless face that people see hanging on the street
it's funny how things work out when you leave it up to time, everybody knows my face but I ain't got a dime

CHORUS

Route 40 Colorado is where they say that you can find it all. well I wound up in the Ghetto but I'm still hoping for a curtain call.
SOLO
I got my face on Colfax. a cowboy hat and a six string axe. And hell no I ain't never going home

CHORUS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ON THE RUN

the bar was dark and many drinks had been consumed  
his face was crooked with cocaine
he was whiskey bent and breakin' all the rules
said I cheated him on the poker game

and those were fightin' words that he said to me
I tried to warn him but he wasn't listening
and now he's lyin on his back his shirt all soaked in blood
and I'm slippin out the back with my smokin' gun...
I'm on the run
I'm on the run

one year later I came back to see my kid
found my wife in bed with another man
he said he'd call the cops if I didn't leave them alone
and that I was a coward when I ran

and those were fightin words and they stung like a bee
I filled with rage when he gave no apology
and now he's lyin on his back his shirt all soaked in blood
and I'm slippin out the back with my smokin' gun...
I'm on the run
I'm on the run

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU'RE DEAD, I'M STILL LIVIN'

we broke up 3 months ago but you wouldn't leave me alone
you kept sendin me sad emoticons every time I checked my iPhone
I tried to warn you that I'd cut you down but you just said whatever
you blew it off when I assured you your limbs I would sever

CHORUS:
and now your dead (now your dead) and I'm still livin' (I'm still livin')
can't tell you how happy I am not to have to hear your bitchin'
yeah your dead (yeah your dead) and I'm still livin' (I'm still livin')
ain't never smiled this much, lol, I must be trippin'

all the memes that you'd been sending finally filled up my gmail
it didn't take a genius to know that this was an epic fail
and I finally got real tired of listenin to your never endin speeches
and so I pulled out my jack knife and cut you into pieces.

CHORUS

it musta' been at least a 100 times or so that I said that we were through
but you kept on a comin' round and so my hatred grew
I said I'd throw you in a ditch somewhere but that raised no alarm
well I suspect you'd learned your lesson well when I cut off your arms

CHORUS

well you still didn't get it when I unfriended you on facebook
you'd tag me in some stupid quote everytime that I would look
I could not seem to get rid of you I tried hard but had no luck
now happiness has come at last cause you are dead as fuck

CHORUS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I NEVER LOST

I may have lost my way
found myself in another place
lost my trust in fate
and discovered only change
but I never lost the game, I am still playin’
and i never lost my faith, i am just sayin’

I never lost..

without hope, without direction
doubt will seal your coffin
and I can't believe the road I've taken
troubled times have set me back, but I am still gainin'

I never lost..

Through a perfect storm I faired to be, upon this ground where I stand, looking back, I see...

I never lost..

No comments: